my nine year old daughter said today, on the drive from the old home to the new home.
What? I responded.
let me back track...
Dusty, "Mom, we didn't buy you and dad anything for Christmas. "
Mom, "That's okay, Dusty. Dad and I don't need anything. it's not about presents."
Brynne, "Mom, Christmas is about Presents, though..."
"What?", I responded.
"Brynne and Dusty, Christmas is not about presents. It's about love, and sharing love and remembering Jesus."
Brynne, "Oh, yah. right." in a sweet tone. not sassy, like it seems.
This Christmas doesn't feel like Christmas. I have all gifts bought, except 2 small ones,
for relatives, but they are all at a friends' house, so that my kids wouldn't accidently see
them, or they get dropped and broken, or worse....LOST.
so I entrusted my great friend, Catherine, to hold them for me.
Now, I just gotta go get them, so I can wrap them tonight.
wish me luck, and merry christmas.
The Great Purge - I'm DONE!
6 years ago
1 comments:
Cari, with the heck? Where are you moving to? Now I can't envision you in your house that I know so well! How am I going to get through this???
Post a Comment